Wednesday, September 22, 2010

93 Days 'Til Christmas: Three Ornaments

93 Days 'Til Christmas: Three Ornaments

Cardmaker: Ellen Jarvis
aka CardMonkey

Blogsite: cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com

Recipe: I used the Cricut cartridge "Very Merry Tags" to cut three ornaments from complimenting papers. I Stickled the tops of the ornaments to make them seem more like a real ornament.

For the front/center ornament, I embossed some glitter onto the leaves and stems. For the ribbon hangers, I used very thin (1/8") permanent double-sided tape to hold the ribbons in place. The bows were tied to the ends of the mounted ribbons. The sentiment was handwritten in Stickles.

Now, my own critique: First, I definitely would cut or stamp a sentiment -- I don't like how the sentiment turned out on this one. Also, I think I should have used foam tape to mount and give dimension to the ornaments. Finally -- and aren't we our own worst critics?! -- I just don't like the papers I chose for the background/card color of papers. This is definitely one that was a learning experience!!

No comments:

Post a Comment