Monday, September 20, 2010

95 Days 'Til Christmas: Santa Snow Globe

95 Days 'Til Christmas: Santa Snow Globe



Cardmaker: Ellen Jarvis

AKA: CardMonkey

Blogsite: cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com


Recipe: For this card, I cut a 12x12" piece of Bazzill textured green cardstock to 7"x10", and folded in half to make a horizontal base card. I created the word stock paper by using various fonts and sayings, printed in green and red on my HP inkjet printer. For the "vintage" Santa image, I used clip art purchased from ClickArt Online, and trimmed to fit in a 3" circle, using my Cricut Cake Basics cartridge, with a "center point" on Santa's left cheek.



To produce the "snow globe", I mounted the trimmed Santa image to the back of a chipboard 3" round ring. I then cut a piece of clear acetate to match; I adhered both the bottom (Santa image) and top (acetate) using Clear Gloo, which is a cold caulking that adheres completely. Before gluing on the acetate, put a pinch of anti-static powder and a small amount of crystal fine glitter. I topped the acetate with a red cardstock frame cut with Cake Basics again, with the "real size dial" set at 3.25". I punched the holly leaves from a scrap of the Bazzill paper, though to use, I turned it over for a color contrast. The red berries are gems from Creative Charms.

I'll be putting a white writing surface inside this card because of the dark surface. I really like how this card turned out, and hope you do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment